Translate

Friday 15 April 2011

Another visitor


The fluttering of the fruit moths was a bit much for this White-lipped Treefrog. He sat there for more than a half hour. Then the Striped possum showed up and started to defend the feeder noisily threatening the frog. After a while the frog disappeared making me wonder if it had been eaten by the possum. It seemed a bit too large for that scenario. It was as big as my hand.


But alas, the next morning the frog (I assume it was the same individual) was strategically perched on top of the black light fixture where it is warm and provides the frog with a "box seat" for incoming insects.

2 comments:

Patricia K. Lichen said...

What fabulous photos you have here! I'm just wandering around the web this evening, checking out nature blogs, and am glad to have come across yours! I'm happy living in the Pacific Northwest of the United States, but these photos do make me jealous of your lovely spot...

Come visit my blog if you get a chance.

--Patricia Lichen, www.patriciaklichen.com

Mr. Smiley said...

Thanks Patricia. Glad you enjoy what is being presented.

D